These might just be the most mouth watering cupcakes that I have EVER made.
For blackberry jam
- 1⅓ cups blackberries
- ½ cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- zest of a lime
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup buttermilk, room temperature
For the blackberry jam: Combine berries and sugar in saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and continue to cook until berries break down.
Use a wooden spoon to push berries through a fine mesh strainer to remove seeds.