I did manage to salvage the last few berries in the bottom of the bucket though and I used them to make this yummy strawberry salsa. I'm normally not a fruit salsa kind of girl but this strawberry salsa looked so good - I couldn't resist.
- 1 pound strawberries, diced (~2 cups)
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely sliced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons mint, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine strawberries, green onions, 1/2 jalapeno, lime zest, 1/2 juice lime, 2 Tablespoons cilantro, salt, pepper and mint.