- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 Tablespoons (115g) unsalted butter, frozen
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream (plus a little extra for brushing)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- sugar for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup (120g) confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tablespoon half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Freeze butter and grate into fine pieces.
Combine egg, cream and vanilla.
Fold wet ingredients into dry with rubber scraper.