I am such a cooking geek. I got a crock pot last week and I am SUPER excited about it. I could hardly wait to put my first meal in my new slow cooker and start to smell all that goodness.
It just so happens that this week is the start of a new soccer season. What better time to try out a new crock pot? I put dinner in, left for the game and when we got home - we had a delicious, hot chicken dinner waiting for us.
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 16 ounces baby potatoes, halved
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 16 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Stir together sauce ingredients.
Put chicken, potatoes and carrots in slow cooker. Pour sauce over vegetables.