Dipping an ordinary almond biscotti in dark chocolate just seems to dress it up perfectly for the holidays.
- 1 and 1/4 cups (175g) whole almonds
- 2 cups + 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- egg wash: 1 large egg beaten with 1 Tablespoon (15ml) milk
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
Put almonds on baking sheet and roast 15 minutes at 300. Shaking every 5 minutes.
Place almonds in food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
Shape each section into an 8 or 9 inch log. Flatten to 1/2 inch. Place on silpat lined baking sheet.
Brush top with egg white and milk mixture.