I will walk you through the baking process step by step. What could possibly go wrong? :)
- 3-1/3 cups (370 g) sifted cake flour
- 1-1/2 tablespoons (20 g) baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon (7 g) salt
- 1-3/4 cups (415 ml) whole milk, at room temperature
- 6 egg whites, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) cherry juice (from the jar of cherries)
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.75 ml) almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups (450 g) vanilla sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1-1/2 sticks (173 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (178 ml) finely chopped maraschino cherries
6 egg whites
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 Tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
16 whole cherries for decoration
Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
Combine milk, egg whites, cherry juice and almond extract in a separate bowl.
Cream butter and sugar in bowl of standing mixer.
Chop cherries and fold into batter.
Scoop batter into muffin pan and bake 23 minutes at 350.