Two of my favorite flavors of summer are juicy, red strawberries and fresh, green basil. It only made sense to combine these flavors into one super delicious cupcake bursting with summer freshness. I absolutely love the pink and green color combination and I loved the flavor even more.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup strawberry puree
- Basil Buttercream
- fresh strawberries for garnish
Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs, one at a time.
Beat in vanilla, strawberry puree and fresh strawberries.
Add dry ingredients, alternating with milk.
Scoop into paper lined cupcake pans.
Bake 22 minutes at 350.