- 2 boneless, thinly sliced skinless chicken breasts
- 2 oz shredded Whole Milk Mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 oz finely shredded Romano cheese (1/2 cup)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Sprinkle chicken with salt and let sit 10 minutes.
Beat egg and flour together until smooth.
Stir together panko, Romano, oregano, lemon zest, garlic powder and pepper.
Dip each chicken breast in egg mixture.
Heat oil in skillet. Brown chicken on each side.
Place chicken on a foil lined baking sheet. Top with cheese.