I've said it before and I'll say it again - I love Fall. I love this season so much that I decided to create a list of the top 10 things that I love most about Fall:
10. The sound of crunchy leaves under my mountain bike tires while I'm riding on a trail through the woods.
9. The sweet aroma of pumpkin spiced coffee brewing in the morning.
8. Taking the dog for a walk in the crisp, cool early morning air.
7. The colors of the leaves on the trees that can't even be found on the color wheel.
6. Watching "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" special on tv with my family.
5. Spending cool evenings around a warm campfire with good friends. (and smores)
4. Walking through the pumpkin patch in search of the perfect pumpkin to carve into a Jack O'Lantern.
3. Opening all of my windows and letting the fresh air permeate the house in the warmth of the afternoon.
2. The glow of the pumpkin candle that sits on my mantle in the early evening hours.
And the number one thing that I love about Fall...
1. The smell of freshly baked pumpkin anything lofting through the house.
So here it is, another pumpkin recipe for Fall. This isn't a traditional pumpkin bread recipe because it's baked in a 9x13 pan and cut it into bars but it still has a lot of similarities to a traditional pumpkin quick bread.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
2 c all-purpose flour
1 & 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp cloves
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp coarse salt
1 c unsalted butter, room temp
1 & 1/4 c sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 c pumpkin puree
12 oz chocolate chips
Slice into bars.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars are delicious. (If I do say so myself.) As an added bonus, they pack really well and can easily be transported to soccer games and cross country meets.
Like my page on facebook.
Follow me on Instagram